The Multi-Faceted Matter of Mobile Monetisation
Last month our CTO Chris Wright took part in a lively panel discussion with a stellar cross-section of industry talent at Pocket Gamer Connects Digital #7. The panel was moderated by Dimoso Founder Jacki Vause, and addressed the topic of ‘How to Optimise Revenue and Retention for your games’. This subject was ripe for interesting discussion and debate, and offered viewers a panoramic look at the current state of monetisation in mobile games.
The panel consisted of the following industry professionals:
- Dean Day: Founder and CEO of Greenlight Games – “If you have a good game that retains well, keep the ads, don’t sell them off cheap.”
- Dan Anahory: Head of Business Development and Co-Founder at Real Media Now, a company that develops in-game help videos for mobile games that feature advertising – “Integrated ads seem to be the way things are going. Because they don’t interrupt the gameplay, there’s a clear value exchange there.”
- Elad Levy: Founder and CEO of Dive, a consultancy that helps game studios with Live Ops – “When you build a game, first of all it should be fun… monetisation will follow.”
- Philipp J. Karstaedt: CEO and Co-Founder of Meta Games, a Game Development Studio focussed on Esports – “Making games is an art, but if you want to make money off of them, you need to apply a business mindset.”
- Chris Wright: CTO at AdInMo – “Monetisation and Game Design are not separate things; they need to be considered together.”
You can view the full panel video below, and follow it through to the PocketGamerbiz Youtube channel to watch other panels and talks from Pocket Gamer Connects Digital #7.
Team AdInMo is really excited to be attending Gamesforum London IN PERSON! We’re looking forward to connecting with industry peers for a focused day of discussion on mobile game ad monetization. Our CEO Kristan Rivers will be part of one of the key discussions of the...
Not Just a Game Anymore: Can NFT enabled Play-To-Earn Games transform the Landscape of Work and Play?
To say that the emergence of NFT technology has been a point of contention of late would be selling the story short; you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone without a strong opinion on the topic. It’s a simple idea in principle: NFTs are essentially title deeds made of...
Each month we want to give kudos to our developer community. Mobile games development is a fine balance between designing the best games, keeping players happy and paying the bills. We get it. These are the developers pioneering the use of immersive ads in their games...