Interview with Brendan Carney from Asobu
We recently caught up with Brendan Carney, the Founder and CEO of Asobu.
Brendan is a digital advertising veteran, including roles at Microsoft and Yahoo charting both the birth of programmatic and the evolution of digital ads.
We asked Brendan’s the following questions:
- Why did you set up Asobu?
- Why is now such a great time for advertisers to get involved with in-game advertising? What impact and successes have you seen?
- Do you think immersive in-game advertising will replace traditional banner ads in games? And how do you see media buying evolving for games?
- On a geographical basis, have you seen any differences in terms of adoption of in-game advertising?
- AdInMo has been part of the in-game advertising taskforce with IAB and MRC to set a new standard for in-game advertising measurement. How important is this for advertisers?
- How can in-game advertising help advertisers who are currently navigating ecosystem changes e.g. around user tracking?
- What are the main barriers or concerns advertisers may have when it comes to advertising in games e.g. brand safety? How can the industry help overcome these?
- What’s your prediction for in-game advertising in 12 months time?
Watch the full interview.
Asobu is an in-game advertising exchange, connecting the fragmented supply from all major tech vendors across hundreds of games with millions of gamers throughout the world. Access the maximum reach of in-game ad inventory programmatically via a single deal ID with unified reporting and optimisation.
In the next installement of our team interviews we spoke to Product Manager, Herman Khabazov. Herman joined Team AdInMo from hyper-casual games publisher SayGames bringing an insider’s perspective on ad monetization and ideally placed to understand what publishers...
Leading mobile racing game specialist Wolves Interactive selects AdInMo as it’s in-game advertising monetization partner. 27th October 2022, Edinburgh, UK and Turkey: AdInMo, the in-game advertising platform, today announced a multi-title deal with Wolves Interactive...
Horror Hospital 2 is a horror survival game set in an eerie abandoned hospital where a multitude of peril awaits the player. Created by Heisen Games, it was released earlier this year and is a sequel to the original hit title Horror Hospital from 2016 and has already...