Interview with Brendan Carney from Asobu
We recently caught up with Brendan Carney, the Founder and CEO of Asobu.
Brendan is a digital advertising veteran, including roles at Microsoft and Yahoo charting both the birth of programmatic and the evolution of digital ads.
We asked Brendan’s the following questions:
- Why did you set up Asobu?
- Why is now such a great time for advertisers to get involved with in-game advertising? What impact and successes have you seen?
- Do you think immersive in-game advertising will replace traditional banner ads in games? And how do you see media buying evolving for games?
- On a geographical basis, have you seen any differences in terms of adoption of in-game advertising?
- AdInMo has been part of the in-game advertising taskforce with IAB and MRC to set a new standard for in-game advertising measurement. How important is this for advertisers?
- How can in-game advertising help advertisers who are currently navigating ecosystem changes e.g. around user tracking?
- What are the main barriers or concerns advertisers may have when it comes to advertising in games e.g. brand safety? How can the industry help overcome these?
- What’s your prediction for in-game advertising in 12 months time?
Watch the full interview.
Asobu is an in-game advertising exchange, connecting the fragmented supply from all major tech vendors across hundreds of games with millions of gamers throughout the world. Access the maximum reach of in-game ad inventory programmatically via a single deal ID with unified reporting and optimisation.
Why mobile games are the contextual key
Mobile games can help advertisers in a post-cookie era with a richness of behavioural data and contextual targeting. Our VP Programmatic Yasin Dabhelia explores why. Gaming has taken the entertainment industry by storm and mobile gaming, in particular, has emerged as...
AdInMo Developer Shoutout
Mobile games development is a fine balance between creating the best games for players and paying the bills. We get it. Here’s our regular check in on some of the latest developers doing just that by increasing monetization while improving the game experience with...
The perfect blend
Reflecting a common trend in the mobile games industry, it was interesting to see this month’s Gamesforum event in Barcelona switch to a two-day format, with a daily focus on User Acquisition (UA) and Monetization. This makes total sense in the context of how...