Make Music Not War
For one night only: 9th May Team AdInMo UK will be switching gears from games to music to Stand with Ukraine
#Westandwithukraine and we’ve got one goal: to raise as much money as possible to help those fighting and fighting to survive the war in Ukraine.
On 9th May we’re hosting a concert at the Voodoo Rooms in Edinburgh as part of our fundraising efforts. Our colleagues and friends of Team AdInMo in Ukraine has selected different local volunteer and charity organisations they would like to see much-needed funds go to and our event partners HipHarpCollective and Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain (AUGB Edinburgh) have done the same.
So far, we’ve raised over £11K thanks to kind donations, ticket sales, an office quiz and the very generous support of our corporate partners Chiene & Tait, Kingsford, MBM Commercial, Par Equity and Shepherd Wedderburn.
All the artists performing at the Voodoo Rooms Edinburgh are giving their time for free… and you only need to look at the incredible line-up just to see how very a special evening it’s going to be…
Alina Bzhezhinska – One of the leading harpists in the world today, Alina is a one-woman powerhouse, on a mission to bring the harp to the fore of contemporary sound. A jazz harpist, composer, band leader and a founder of the digital platform HipHarpCollective, she’s also trying to remarket the harp in 2021.
Niki King – An award-winning singer and song-writer whose accolades include; winner of the prestigious UK Perrier Jazz Vocalist Award, The Scottish Style Award and The Spirit Of Scotland Music Medal. Niki has also worked with Joanne at Team AdInMo to produce the event – for which we are very grateful.
Tony Kofi – A British Jazz multi-instrumentalist born of Ghanaian parents, Tony plays Alto, Baritone, Soprano and Tenor saxaphones and the flute. He cut teeth with the Jazz Warriors of the early 90s, and has gone on to win Best Album and Best Instrumentalist at the BBC Jazz Awards, Best Ensemble at the Parliamentary Jazz Awards, The Black Achievers Cultural, Music and Arts Award, The Jack Petchey Foundation Award, and has also recieved a MOBO nomination.
Plus Special Guests
- Hosted by Elspeth Murray – Revered artist, poet and librettist – board member of Emmy and Olivier-award-winning theatre company Improbable
- Oksana Mavrodii – Ukrainian-born opera singer and choral conductor
- Phamie Gow – Award-winning pianist/harpist/composer inducted into the Classic FM Hall of Fame
- Joseph Malik – Singer/writer/producer and winner of Craig Charles, BBC6 Music Album of the Year 2021
- Bancroft & Lyne – Acclaimed voice/guitar and bass jazz duo – Jazz Views top jazz album 2020
- Aki Remally – Leading guitarist/singer – guitarist for Hamish Stuart of the Average White Band
- Brian Molley – Acclaimed jazz saxophonist and bandleader described as “a minor masterpiece…strikingly good” by London Jazz News
- Steven Christie – Leading pianist/producer and The Proclaimers keyboard maestro
- Marcus Ford – One of Scotlands leading acoustic jazz guitarists specialising in fingerstyle guitar
- Mario Caribe – One of the UK’s leading jazz bass players performed with the SNJO, Kenny Wheeler, Norma Winstone and many more.
- Stuart Brown – drummer/composer/bandleader – reached The Times and Mojo Magazine’s Top 10 Jazz Albums.
- Tsvetelina Likova – Rising harp star and graduate of the prestigious Royal Birmingham Conservatoire.
- After Show DJ Amadeus Brzezinski – Glasgow based DJ/producer of Ukrainian heritage
Ukrainian-Born Jazz Harpist
Award Winning Jazz Multi-Instrumentalist
Award Winning Singer/Songwriter
Final tickets remaining and can be purchased here £25. All tickets include entry into the raffle with prizes donated by local businesses including Narcissus Flowers and Van Gogh Live The Experience. Not in Edinburgh? You can also make a donation via the concert page. Thank you. Dyakuyu. Slava Ukraini.
Meet Team AdInMo at PG Connects London on 22nd-23rd January 2024! We're super excited to be heading to The Brewery next week for Pocket Gamer Connects London. It's going to be an epic start to events in 2024, and we can't wait to meet up with our industry pals and...
The last few years have involved plenty of change and uncertainty for both the games and adtech industries, and I’m sure 2024 will be no different. Before we look ahead, let's look at how my 2023 predictions turned out. Mobile gaming audiences will continue to...
This year, Team AdInMo’s annual debate about our favourite mobile games was more heated than ever! 2023 saw plenty of hot new titles being released including Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge but were they good enough...